First Fire

Wind is up, temperature down (around 45-50 degrees now), power out for the second time today. Our heat is electric, as is our whole kitchen, so we won’t be settling in with hot chocolate and warm cookies — but the former owners left us with a spotless fireplace and sizable wood pile, so today I made our first fire! It’s doing a pretty good job heating the house. I’ll just have to keep Sofia away, since we don’t have a screen for it. Hopefully the house doesn’t get too cold tonight as we anticipate our first frost. IMG_1147.JPG

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s